"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Juno -DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA

OK if you saw the movie you understand the title of this post.

Amongst many other tasks today I went to a matinee to see the movie Juno. It wasn't what I expected at all. I thought I was going to see a movie about this young pregnant girl and her boyfriend. NOPE!

I saw a delightful movie about the relationships between people. I'm not going to write about the plot. Maybe you want to see this movie and I really don't feel like writing a book report on this movie for you.

I will tell you that I was intrigued by the characters especially the relationship between Mark and Juno. I think it was very telling.

Relationships are really friggin tricky. Emotions are a bitch sometimes and often we hide behind one emotion to cover for another one that we don't much like or want to admit we feel, because it leaves us feeling naked to the world, or maybe just to the person sitting on the other end of the couch.

But sometimes you have to risk that nakedness for that deeper bond.

What did you think of this movie?

1 comment:

MYM said...

haven't seen it yet. the young girl in it is canadian and has been on tv as a child star here for years...so it would be cool to see her now.