"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Dinner Last Night

A good friend of mine whom I have known for nine years, who used to be my social events director, was visiting NYC from where she lives now, Texas. She was the ultimate single gal, who was over 35 and felt much like I do now regarding men and dating. She went on vacation one day and met her husband and moved to Texas to start her married life with him.

Amanda is a great person and she comes to NYC about twice a year and becomes the social butterfly immediately. She arranged a dinner for a group of friends and I was in attendence. I met a new friend at this dinner. I am really excited. She is single and we are basically the same age and she and I apparently share a lot of similar world views. But what I found most refreshing was that on the few that we did not share she was respectful with my opposing view and didn't take it personally. She is really one cool chick! She is also ready to go out and do single girl things. We have already planned our first outting for Saturday night after I get out of work. Whoohoo!












2 comments:

Julie said...

I hope that you have a great time with your new friend! :-)

Bar L. said...

Glad you are getting out with the girls and having some fun!!