"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Making Love

The information about Patrick Swayze's pancreatic cancer is such a shock. Everyone remembers their first love. I met mine in 1987. His name was Marc. When I hear news of Patrick Swayze my memories immediately go to Marc.

Each generation has their own love making music and stars and well, Marc and I had Dirty Dancing. Cliche? Maybe. But we were young and in-love and we did it like bunny rabbits and I will NEVER forget the night we saw that movie and how inspired we were and how much we felt for each other...where we went after and how close we felt.

To learn of this horrible news of such a young actor, whose movie and music inspired such young love making for me is just such a terrible sadness and shock for me.

My heart goes out to him and his loved ones.

No comments: