"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Why OH Why Did I Eat That Trader Joe's Frozen Dinner From 3 Months Ago?

All I can think right now is why didn't I throw out that frozen dinner from Trader Joe's I have had in my freezer for about three months.

I know why. Cause I am POOR! Cause the idea of throwing out food that isn't spoiled is too much for me.

Well I am paying for eating it for the last two days.


Tonight as I sit here trying to read Gypsy's awesome post about the holiday she took as a single gal on the spur of the moment without any friends, and let me say I cannot believe the balls she has to do that, wish I had that in me, and then the feeling hit me, my eyes sorta bulging out of me, trying hard to surpress the feeling since I wanted to keep reading, but nope....RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN !

Finally I get back to the computer and finish her terrific story and I see that Carrie has decided to treat us early to the second of however many installments of her wedding story, and I am reading the funniest details of how she found her wedding dress, again that horrible feeling. RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

OH DEAR LORD!!!!

I've been sick on and off since yesterday evening.


How I managed to get out of the house today, get my brows threaded and finally find a pair of shoes for my brother's wedding, I honestly don't know. But I did. After about 4 or 5 shoe store trips this past week I happened upon Nine West, which funny enough was the temp gig that I met my own Devil Wears Prada bitch and got fired for whatever I have no idea reason, but I do love their shoes.


The photo is from my cell phone. Not the sharpest photo. The color is gold and the jewels are actually really nice fake glass in pretty pinks, reds and purples. Just a little pizzaz for all my troubles! :-)

The dress is chocolate brown and finding something to match has been a lot of stress for me. If only it could have been as simple as Carrie's dress buying. But alas it's done. Tomorrow I can finally go get the damn dress tailored for my height. Well that is if I can stay out of the crapper for more than 15 minutes at a time!


That last comment was for you Ms. Kathy. Hurry to your sink again!

I did manage to read through Carrie's post. You should go read their stories. So funny!

Carrie in honor of your wedding story...I thought I'd share this photo I took the other day in the subway. May you and all of us end up like this:


OK OK not walking with a cane...that disclaimer was for you funny woman Carrie!
No no, but walking hand-in hand willingly, still.

16 comments:

Karen said...

So are you sure it wasn't my post that gave you the er..shits? Sorry to hear you have a funny tummy Lauren. Hope it settles down soon.

PS Thanks for the shout out, I appreciate any free advertising I can get.

Kathy said...

Well, I just responded to my comments and didn't get sick, but I got close!

I love that last picture of the elderly couple. We should all be so lucky.

Feel better!

Bryan said...

umm ive eaten stuff wayyyyyy older than that and haven't gotten sick. are you sure you weren't drinking a shirley feeney milk and pepsi ? or was that laverne's drink. either way ... ewe

nice shoes btw

Da Old Man said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I've heard of some sort of flu type thing around with the symptom you experienced. May not have been Trader Joe's whatever. Damn, I love Trader Joe's.

Babs (Beetle) said...

This is the third post I have read tonight (and that's not counting Kathy's) where they had food poisoning. What's going on here?

MYM said...

Oh dear! Hope you're feeling better :)

I'm not really a shoe person but those shoes are cute!

A New Yorker said...

Gypsy, NO NO silly woman.

Kathy, glad you didn't get sick from my post too. I hope I can have that when I am old. For now I'd settle for a good LTR with great sex.

Bryan, how old are you that you can reference Laverne and Shirley. GROSS on the food older than 3 months. So you're from PA huh? Got any non-older than three month eating single guy friends, who are cute and available to send to NYC for me?

D.O.M. - It's that particular bowl of garbage they sold me. I had it once before and I got sick. Thought I was paranoid and tried it again since it was in the freezer. BLECH!

Babs - It's a conspiracy to kill us from the inside out.

Drowsey, Thanks, especially since you're not a shoe person. How can that even be possible!

Bryan said...

Sadly I have a decent collection of 30 something, single friends in NYC. Unfortunately they stopped developing emotionally around 17. It's a little known problem that plagues men all over the country (including myself).

A New Yorker said...

Bryan, Well, according to my bring it on post, that's a perfect match. HAHA! I'm open to some set-ups.

Bryan said...

masochist!

A New Yorker said...

Bryan, I draw the line at Obama supporters. Single friends in NYC must be for McCain...

Bryan said...

i've never polled them on political positions. our conversations are typically about sports, beer and chicken wings. We will be in Chicago over Labor Day weekend. I'll see what I can come up with for you.

- Single (also assuming not separated, no live in gf's, no restraining orders)
- Republican
- Male
- NYC area
- drug free (up to you but I suggest it)

Any other screening that needs to be done or does that cover it?

A New Yorker said...

Bryan,

Single (also assuming not separated, no live in gf's, no restraining orders)
*YES, and really single, no attachments, no "f" buddies either.

- Republican
*OR moderate Democrats, that refuse to vote for Obama.

- Male
* OH YEAH...I wasn't clear enough with my entire blog? :-)

- NYC area
*YES

- drug free (up to you but I suggest it)
* Of course. I'd be the only drug they'd want! ;-)

-- I smell a new post!!

Bryan said...

* minor clarifications needed *

#1 - when you say no fwb do you mean NO fwb or just no fwb that you would find out about?

#2 - does nyc area include 973 area code?

#3 - i'm assuming you mean a new blog for you since this is far too serious of a subject for me to weigh in on.

MYM said...

I own 2 pairs of shoes. Both black. That's it.

I have something for ya ... plus I tagged you... heehee.

A New Yorker said...

Drowsey, I read your blog. Will post Saturday. Thanks!