"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Friday, August 15, 2008

So I Am Back

What a crazy week. Lot's of crying and pleading but I did get a new computer. It's faster and seems easier to use. In total it cost me $700 with the data back-up from the old one...which is still being done at geek squad right now. So I still have none of my files.

I have to load many programs back onto this new computer. Hopefully that won't slow it down too much.

So many news stories I am dying to write about. I even received a cowardly anonymous comment from my post on that idiot Gordon Brown. And to boot that commenter was just wrong. Does that person have the intellectual honesty to say who they are and where they are from so we can at least have an honest debate? At this point in time no.

I watched the president of Georgia LIVE today. Boy did that brave man give Europe hell. Good for him! I'll have to get the YouTube or transcript and post it here. Forgive me for the moment as I am really tired from all the running around this week and lack of computer at my fingertips until tonight.

Basically (and I paraphrase completely) he told Europe that they are full of shit and they they laughed at him when he warned them that Russia was planning this invasion and shoved him off and now at the very least they are reporting that around 3000 civilians have been murdered by this Russian invasion and occupation.

I'm just wondering where the same people who scream bloody murder about us being in Iraq and the amount of soldiers who have been killed (about the same in 3 years as those CIVILIANS who were just murdered by the Russians this week) are right now? Where is the outcry because I don't hear it. I barely see it in the media in print and the coverage on television is just a few minutes here and there about this conflict that is currently happening. I guess swimming and medals sell more products than barbaric murdering of people and overrunning a country unless it's when you believe it's the United States fault?

Is it just that these same people only give a shit when there is some manipulative reasoning that American's are to blame, and that it really isn't the innocent murder of civilians, burning of their homes and raping of their women that disgust them but just Americans having a presence somewhere on the map other than in America????

Well I need to make my rounds. See you soon.

6 comments:

Karen said...

You must have been so lost without your computer. I know I would be and I don't blog even half as much as you. Good to see you back on the road again.

A New Yorker said...

Gypsy, BACK AT YA!

Chat Blanc said...

oh I don't know how you've managed with out the computer. I seriously would lose my mind. Glad the crisis is wrapping up.

BTW, I too think it is absolutely hideous that the fate of so many in Georgia has been merely a side note. We don't know how lucky we are not to have the threat of war destroying our daily lives and taking our homes and loved ones. looking forward to reading more from you.

Sandi said...

I saw this morning that Russia now has it's eye on Poland! Glad you have your computer back - I'd be lost without mine.

Da Old Man said...

Glad to see you back and posting. Georgia is a side note because of the reasons you stated. It doesn't fit in with an uber liberal agenda.
Bread and circuses are so much better for dumbing down the masses.

A New Yorker said...

Ms. Chatty, I don't know either. I really suffered some withdrawal that's for sure! It was like having both arms removed.

I'll try to write more about that topic, intelligentally I might add. I was impressed by the balls of that president to say what he said. He spoke the truth and damn to the world who damned him. I wish more world leaders would do this.

Sandi, Yes they do and they are going to spin it to make it look like it's our fault, as usual. We have to pull together as a nation and not allow the world to verbally attack us. That's the most important thing. Sadly most don't realize this.

D.O.M., So smart and funny. Are you sure you weren't a big catch????