"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Awards Time!

I've been honored by NOT one NOT two and NOT EVEN three fantastic bloggers. I got four awards this week.

The first honor comes from Jessica who is the sweetest blogger and is amazingly soulful in her writings AND Drowsey...read below for my tribute to her blog.
They gave me this award










The rules for this are as follows:


1. Only 5 people are allowed to receive this award
2. 4 of them followers of your blog.
3. One has to be new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to who ever gave you the award.

The second award comes from a new blog friend of mine but total blog soulmate in bitching and ranting, Sandy. She's also a pisser and will make you giggle for sure...and don't forget to go vote for her blog over at humorblogs!!!!










The third comes from one of the wittiest bloggers out there Crotchety Old Man Yells At Cars. He actually gave two awards and let me choose. I like the sparkly crystal on the award!

Apparently I am "smart [oh you people are fooled so easlily], she's funny [I am? cool!], she's beautiful [AWE shucks]. The big debate is whether or not she looks like Jenna Fischer from The Office. 'Nuf said. [and apparently according to a recent commenter I also have some mouth on me]


And Drowsey that Big-Headed Canadian with strange dreams and an addiction to Tim Horton's coffee awarded me this award also! I'm just kicking blog butt this week. Soon my head will be as large as Drowsey's. I 'm suppose to pass this on to my top commenters but I don't have a fancy widget to know who those people are. I suspect you already know. So if you are one of those people who always pop in please take this award home with you today too!

To fulfill Jessica's and Drowsey's requirements I am giving the first award to Sandy who writes at Wit's Bitch. She's new to my blog although I'm not sure what part of the world she lives in. If I had to venture a guess, she's in a world all her own...and a place I love to visit each day.

The second person I am awarding this to is D.O.M. He lives here. He's also new to my blog and a powerhouse in words, wit and political thought and funniness! He too comes from a completely different planet...New Jersey.

The third blogger this award goes to is Lee. Her blog is Why Isn't There Mouse Flavored Cat Food? She's a fellow cat lover and sweetie pie!

The fourth awardie is Karyne because she's my single girl Canadian blog-soulmate, with less of a potty mouth than me.

And the fifth blogger I am awarding this to is LadyBanana. Mostly because anyone willing to call themselves that publically deserves an award. :-) And well I guess she also fulfills the requirement of new to my blog and from another part of the world...the world of fish and chips!

9 comments:

leezee52 said...

Wow...thanks for the award! So how's your computer...still sick?

Jessica said...

You deserve all of these!! :D

Da Old Man said...

Congrats on all the awards.

Here's hoping those geeks get your puter back up quickly. I'll bet they just want you to keep coming in because they are all still busy debating whether or not you look like Jenna.

Geeks love The Office almost as much as they like laughing at the non computer savvy among us.

MYM said...

Damn girl, you cleaned up! lol

Congrats! :)

You look like on of them skinny headed girls, measure it sometime & let me now, LOL

swilek said...

Glad you are back....thank you thank you for the award! I have potty mouth in the car- so far it hasn't left the confines of the car! hey i have a couple interesting guy stories, but am not sure if i can write about one of them on my blog! i am just reconnecting with a friend I sort of dated 10 years ago...interesting dialogue:) The other was an online thing and n ow it's "over" so I am planning on blogging about it! thanks again for the award!
ps...how did you get that virus..is there something I should be looking out for? maybe i missed your answer in your blog posts...

A New Yorker said...

Karyne, It will be interesting to read your stories.

I have NO idea how that virus got onto the computer. That's one of the most frustrating things. It just back doored in. It could have been while i was web surfing and someone's site had the virus hiding in it and viola. I'll never know.

Chat Blanc said...

zomg!! I'm thrilled! tank u bery much! :) you rock my soul sista!

and major congrats on your honors! well deserved!!

sorry for my slow response. iz twapped in my widdle wacky world :P

A New Yorker said...

Ms. Chatty, Happy to have you hear whenever you can pop over.

Diana Banana, You're welcome. And now I am hungry for some darn fish and chips and they are no where to be had around here!

A New Yorker said...

Diana Banana,
NOPE the BFF award and maybe top commentor as well.