"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Friday, August 8, 2008

8 Was ALWAYS My Favorite Number


Today is 8-8-08.


As a little girl I always loved the number eight. When pressed for a reason I could never give one. I liked the way it looked and just felt it was my favorite.


I played soccer in my town for many years. As all the girls screamed and begged for their jersey to be number 7 I wanted 8. No other takers. Woohoo!


In recent years I learned about the power of 8 and the significance of 8 in numerology and it all came together for me.


Sometimes in the moment we cannot know the reasons why but if we wait and don't force the universe the answers will present.


See what my paper says about the number 8. Click on the image to read the paper.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

What does your paper say about 36? :)

Chat Blanc said...

woot! I learned something new today. I wasn't aware of the deeper meanings of the number 8...so you're passionate and determine! nice!

Da Old Man said...

My favorite number is 35. Not really sure why, but I seem to win money when I play that.
And, 3 and 5 equal 8. Hmmm.

Lex the mom said...

I was a fan of 6 - still am. I'm not sure why, either.

I was wondering what the hype was about 8. I saw a snippet before a news program, but didn't bother to watch. Now I know - very interesting & cool.

A New Yorker said...

Jess, in numerology you add the numbers until you get one number. So 36 would be 9. We should look that up.

Sandy, isn't it nice at our age to be able to say what you did ;-p Yes I am passionate, which is a pro and a con! :-(

D.O.M., You know way too many things. And are too lucky. Are you sure you aren't Yoda?

A New Yorker said...

Lex, ooops sorry I didn't mean to leave you out. I love your little photo BTW. Thanks for popping in.

Anonymous said...

Wow! that's amazing!
I honestly felt like i wrote that about the number 8. You see it's not just a number... to me is diferent. My birthday, 07/01/1986 07+01=8 and on the bible 7+1 (not 1+7 ) means coming back to life, like a resurrection. also i played soccer w/ my fav number.... 8 and later on i found out that my dad did too when he was little... i played basketball with that number, my grandfather passed away on 08-08-02.... this year on 08-08-08 was really hard... to remember him and living 08-08-08... now... everything seems to come up to 8. why? i dont know...
Daniela
danny_pluto@live.com