"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Official

You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party.
I would like you to dance--Birthday
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance-Birthday
I would like you to dance--Birthday
DanceYou say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too--yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

Currently, there are more than 80,000 Americans 100 years of age or older, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. That number is expected to rise to more than 580,000 centenarians by 2040.

And in today's Daily News they published my comment:
Facts on the ground
" Voicer Anne Selden Annab tries to delegitimize the State of Israel, yet she gives no historic facts. The term "Palestinia" was given to the land of Israel by the Romans in the second century C.E. after defeating the Jews, to minimize Jewish identification. King David established Jerusalem as his capital around 1,000 B.C.E. It is only due to foreign imperialist conquerors over the last 3,000 years that Jews have had interrupted sovereignty over the country."

Here's what I actually wrote, and I think they did leave out key wording, but hey at least they put it in:

Voicer Anne Selden Annab employs the typical tactics of character assasination in her attempt to deligitimize the State of Israel, yet she herself gives no historic facts. Historic Fact: the term Palestinia was given to the land of Israel by the Romans in the second century C.E. after defeating the Jews, in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification. Historic Fact: King David established Jerusalem as our capital around 1000 B.C.E. Fact: It is only due to foreign imperialist conquerers over the last 3000 years that Jews have had interrupted sovereignty over our country.

Pretty awesome way to start off my birthday. Let's hope my colorist is able to continue this good pattern. She is FIXING the job she did on Saturday which didn't take to my white/gray hairs.
:-(

OH and it just got better. The news just stated that alternate side of the street parking is SUSPENDED today. HALALUJAH!

As I said in the post below: it's hotter than Satan's A-hole here in NYC again. My sad little 16 year-old air conditioner is doing it's best to cool us all down. There are parts of Brooklyn and the Upper East Side of Manhattan (where I lived when I first moved to NYC) that are still without power. It's more than 100 degrees with the heat index. KC is sleeping on the desk in front of me right now. She all tuckered out from watching the computer screen make so many keystrokes. :-)

So go out and have a piece of cake and a glass of wine today! I know I will be, well maybe minus the wine in this HEAT. I know, I will give myself a huge extra scoop of refreshing Gelato instead. HA!

And here's a video of Leo being docile and me being, well...

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Stay cool, and have FUN! :)

Candid Carrie said...

OH MY GOSH ... I got that 45rpm for my 12th birthday! Gotta love a good Beatle song. Can't remember any math facts but I can remember all the words from that song.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Lauren and I sure do hope it cools down for you soon. Our last summer was brutal so you have my undying sympathy.

A New Yorker said...

Jessica, thanks. Fun? Hmmm does doing my enormous amount of laundry count?

Carrie, 45's. I remember those. Mom used to buy all the latest hits for me. I can't do math either --so sad.

Gyspy, Thanks! I hope it cools down too. They say it will break after midnight. Brutal is a pretty good word for today.

swilek said...

I want to wish you a very happy birthday...celebrate you!!

leezee52 said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Laurrrrrrennnnnnn
HHHHHHappy Birrrrthday toooo Youuuuu!!!!!!!

Have a great Day!!!

A New Yorker said...

Karyne and Lee, Thanks!!!!!!!!

MYM said...

And you being silly? LOL That is one layed-back cat.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A New Yorker said...

Drowsey, Yes I was being totally silly, that's being nice. :-) Yes, Leo has his moments. Thank goodness for proper mood meds. And thanks for your well wishes!!