"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin Didn't Pass Away

"...he expired, had a terminal episode, a negative patient care outcome." -Carlin

I woke up to the sad and shocking news. George Carlin suffered a heart attack and died. 1937-2008. I am stunned.

I will write more posts today, probably with his passing in my mind, but right now I am just stunned into silence.

Click here for a great youtube video they won't allow me to embed.

Below his 7 words routine.


5 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

I will miss him.

Jessica said...

I was shocked too. :( Funny, funny guy.

leezee52 said...

That's so sad :(

A New Yorker said...

Carrie, Jessica, Lee -
:-(

Malcolm said...

Even though I knew about George's heart problems, the news of his death still came as a shock to me. The You Tube link that you included is the same one that I wanted to embed in my post about George. I chose another clip where he talked about education/the government, etc. instead.