"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Friday, February 29, 2008

In My Closet

Robert has tagged me with a new Meme. He wants to know 8 things in the back of my closet. I have three tiny closests in my apartment. And I mean TINY.

Well besides a few skeletons and ghosts from my past, as Carrie would say from Sex and the City, here's pretty much what is hanging out back there:

  1. clothes that dropped from the hanger that I never wear and didn't know dropped
  2. shoes, tons of shoes, I am really good and keeping my shoes looking new and have many for many many many years, love me them shoes
  3. old jewelry, mostly junk type stuff
  4. a suitcase for whenever I can afford a vacation again
  5. the phone cord that leads to the jack in the wall because the landlord put it in the back of the DARK closet with no light -- thanks Mr. landlord!
  6. the swiffer mop
  7. some pennies
  8. an old alarm clock that still works but I don't like

There used to be all kinds of other fun and not so much fun stuff but this past October I moved. I shredded tons of old love letters from my first love ever, old photos of old boyfriends (which I almost typo'd just now boygrief -- don't know why, hmmm) and old bills. But moving is so much of a chore that I decided to use it as an excuse to get rid of the physical proof of past relationships because it is time to live in the present.

OK I have to tag three people...so says Grumpy!

Barbara

Darrin

Candace

3 comments:

Perplexio said...

Do you have any "straight" guys who swear "it's just a phase" living in your closet?

A New Yorker said...

So says the man who has Robert Goulet and the Principal from Breakfast club in the back of his closet.HAHAHAHAHA!

MYM said...

That sounds like a very tidy closet, I'm jealous!