"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Friday, February 29, 2008

In My Closet

Robert has tagged me with a new Meme. He wants to know 8 things in the back of my closet. I have three tiny closests in my apartment. And I mean TINY.

Well besides a few skeletons and ghosts from my past, as Carrie would say from Sex and the City, here's pretty much what is hanging out back there:

  1. clothes that dropped from the hanger that I never wear and didn't know dropped
  2. shoes, tons of shoes, I am really good and keeping my shoes looking new and have many for many many many years, love me them shoes
  3. old jewelry, mostly junk type stuff
  4. a suitcase for whenever I can afford a vacation again
  5. the phone cord that leads to the jack in the wall because the landlord put it in the back of the DARK closet with no light -- thanks Mr. landlord!
  6. the swiffer mop
  7. some pennies
  8. an old alarm clock that still works but I don't like

There used to be all kinds of other fun and not so much fun stuff but this past October I moved. I shredded tons of old love letters from my first love ever, old photos of old boyfriends (which I almost typo'd just now boygrief -- don't know why, hmmm) and old bills. But moving is so much of a chore that I decided to use it as an excuse to get rid of the physical proof of past relationships because it is time to live in the present.

OK I have to tag three people...so says Grumpy!

Barbara

Darrin

Candace

3 comments:

Perplexio said...

Do you have any "straight" guys who swear "it's just a phase" living in your closet?

Lauren said...

So says the man who has Robert Goulet and the Principal from Breakfast club in the back of his closet.HAHAHAHAHA!

Drowsey Monkey said...

That sounds like a very tidy closet, I'm jealous!