"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Leo Is At The Vet

Forgive the glowing eyes. I am working with a new camera. Leo is at the Vet. He vomited all night and had blood in his rectum this morning.
I am worried that he is not adoptable. But I am hopeful. I spoke with a representative from Mayors Alliance and they are going to take care of all his bills.
He is being retested for hyperthyroidism and if he has it they will pay for the iodine treatment that cures cats. :-)
They are also checking his belly since it is very sore and they are doing a full rectal exam. The Vet doesn't like how his castration was done at the Vet he was sent to before going out for adoption where I found him.
They are absolutely NOT concerned about his neurological condition. That is really just a birth defect that has no bearing on his over all health. His liver is fine. Let's see what they can do. Because I really like him.
He slept with me all night. He nuzzled in and kissed me and rubbed his head to mine. He likes to sleep right next to me. He is smart as a whip!

5 comments:

MYM said...

Oh my gosh ... what a sweet face Leo has! :) I sure hope he's okay ... poor little fella.

A New Yorker said...

Hey Drowsey, Glad you stopped by and also glad you are back to blogging. It's odd without my daily dose of your blog to read.

I received an update on Leo and all is good. The organization, Mayors Alliance is top notch. They are paying for everything. Turns out the idiot Vet did a botched job on his neutering and that is where the bleeding was coming from. This was fixed today. They see no indication medically for the vomiting...they did X-rays. He may be hyperthyroid and the organization will pay for the radiation treatment, iodine that cures cats of this condition if this is indeed the case. So it looks like he is going to be mine afterall. :-)

Bar L. said...

He is smart as a whip, cute as a button and blessed to have YOU adopt him! I am glad to read the good news in your comment here!

A New Yorker said...

Barbara, I have to write a real post about what is going on with him. But he is still there at the Vet. They are doing a CAT scan on his ear and brain in the AM. They are monitoring his food intake and possible vomiting and they are waiting for the blood results on the possible hyperthyroidism. I'll know more on Tuesday and will post then.

Thanks for your sweet comment!

MYM said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear Leo will be okay :)