"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Monday, April 7, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

My good friend Dina emailed this to me today. Seeing as I am of course very sad, she wanted to make me laugh...and that she did!


This is being sent to all our friends and relatives, who after so many (or maybe so few) years of marriage would NEVER consider making such a foolish wish! AMEN! ...

A married couple in their early 60's was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.

She said, 'For being such an exemplary married couple and for being so loving to each other all this time, I will grant you each a wish.'

The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband.'
The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - Two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment, 'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again.
I am sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.'

The wife and the fairy were both deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!...the husband became 92 years old.

The moral of this story: Men who are ungrateful bastards should remember fairies are female!

SEND THIS TO A WOMAN WHO NEEDS A GOOD LAUGH.... AND, TO ANY MAN WHO CAN HANDLE IT!

No comments: