"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

How My Week Is Going

Many of you have been asking me how I am doing. First, thank you for your well wishes and concerns. You are wonderful friends!

I am doing well. While I miss Olivia greatly I think I am just a bit numb. I also feel that all things considered I made the right decision and I am glad that she is no longer in pain. Heaven is a peaceful place. We will all take the journey someday.

This weekend I attended a trade show. I shared a table with a student of mine and we pitched ourselves. We had a good time and learned a lot. I met a nice young man there who was working another table. I don't know how old or young he is. I do know he was cute and kind and TALL! I am a shortie. I am 60 inches. That's 5 feet for the rest of ya. Maybe Drowsey can convert to the metric system for me and the rest of the readers outside of the U.S. I chatted this fellow up after a little eye contact. I managed to get him my card and he did contact me. He is going to be in Arizona starting today so I told him to call me when he gets back.

I met another fellow before Olivia died and before I even knew how sick she was. He also contacted me. He is MUCH younger than I am and I am on the fence about him, not due to his age. I hate to say it but he doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

I gave him my card at the event we met up at. He called me about a week later and left me his cell number. I sent him a text yesterday.
Here's the txt thread:

12:15pm- Hey P. It's Lauren. How's ur week going?
12:35pm from P-- Who? i don't recognize your phone #?
12:46PM- From Proof. Good 2 know you remember my name!
12:48PM from P-- oh hey, I never had ur cell #. did you ever get my message on your answering machine?

There was more but I think that is enough for all of you. TADA! This is the dating world.

OK there is one more guy. Jewish, age appropriate at 38. Nice looking. Met through Jdate and we have IM'd and talked on the phone a little. He works around the block from where I am working in the city. He is in finance and seems smart. We talked about getting together next weekend since his Saturday and my Sunday is already filled. He should be calling me during the week sometime.

I'll keep you posted.

Welcome your comments.

No comments: