"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Saturday, January 10, 2009

No Pants Free Drink- TONIGHT - True Husband Material

I'm being egged on by Tiffany to go here: http://tinyurl.com/nybarfly tonight.
Here's the story:
Get a free drink at SideBAR for not wearing pants. Underwear not optional.
No shirt, no shoes, no service. No pants? No problem. Your first drink is on the house!
SideBAR has one of the more interesting drink deals in recent memory. This Saturday the 10th, they promise a free first round to anyone that shows up pant-less. The deal starts at 5:30, and is in celebration of Improv Everywhere’s annual No Pants Subway Ride. Better hurry, it may be your one chance to drunkenly drop trou without being hauled away by the police.
They say you can tell a lot about someone by what they drink, but SideBAR makes the adage even better. That guy’s drinking beer and wearing smiley face boxers? He’s a cool dude. The chick wearing American Apparel briefs and sipping on a Sidecar? Boy, is she worth knowing. The 34 year old, morbidly obese gentleman wearing a woman’s thong? Who cares what the fuck he’s drinking, just stay away.
SideBAR is located at 118 East 15th Street. Your dignity is located back at your apartment, with your pants.

Thanks for looking out for the welfare of this single gal...

I tried really hard to get Tiffany to get a babysitter but alas she balked...hmmmm

9 comments:

Swirl Girl said...

That is what I call 'getting it all out on the table' ...imagine meeting someone with nothing left up to the imaginaiton.

Chat Blanc said...

That RAWKS!! That would be sooo much fun! If you go do you think they'll allow pictures?? :D

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Go for it! Look at me! I go out in public wearing just a bra ALL THE TIME! hee-hee!!!

Da Old Man said...

WTF?

No, seriously,

WTF?

swilek said...

If I was in NYC tonight, I would go with you! What fun! Let loose! PS Thanks for the invite re: NYC..I just may take you up on the offer!!:)

tiffany1377 said...

Come on Lauren, you know you are just dying to go!! Hehhee!

A New Yorker said...

If Karyne were in NYC I would have considered going ;) Tiffany you wuss! You just want me to get into trouble alone. NOT GONNA HAPPEN -- neenernneeeeneeerrrneeeeeeener!!!
:D

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Got a little sumthin for ya! :)

tiffany1377 said...

I can't believe you stood me up! I got a babysitter and drove all the way there last night...sans pants. (try explaining that to the cop who pulled me over for speeding) Anyway, I get there and you're a no-show. Didn't you get my message to meet me there? You didn't? Hmmm. Well that's too bad, because you missed out on one hell of a party! I'll try to blog about it once I recover. :P