"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm With This Guy




I'm with this guy. I'll be spending the day doing my own thing and not watching any television coverage. I'm not interested. I'm not interesting in the offensive amount of money spent on this inauguration that the press and American public fawned over. The same press and American public that loudly cried foul at the 60% less that was spent for the Bush inauguration.

I'm not interested in a President that while still president elect staged his own theater choochoo ride. STAGED. THEATER. FAKE. ENTITLED.

(For the record. I do not stand with the opinions on abortion in the video here today. I hear the argument. I've heard the same argument and while the legislatures response was horribly weak it doesn't make the opposing argument correct. I'm not here to debate this issue at this time.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Where have you been ? I've missed you..

memphisdonna said...

The cartoon is probably too true to really be funny, but I am already tired of all the hoopla. And if I hear the word historical one more time, I may scream!

Swirl Girl said...

Wouldn't it be the same no matter who won the election? I agree that the amount of money spent on this pomp and circumstance is insanely gross - but whomever was sworn in this morning would have had the same wasteful impact.
Personally, I don't like to be preached to - no matter who is doing it.

Aleta said...

It's disturbing to think of the amount of money given for this one, but complained about the last. Sad, indeed.

I'm not watching either.

What's scary ~ the "fan" base mentality of some people.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

No, I am not enthralled with today either. I have heard change change change, and from all practical purposes, the only change will be changing tax code on the wealthy. That will have no marked effect on budget deficit, nor improvement on the economy.
Pounding out more free cash from the government will just further drop the power of the dollar in world markets.

hmmm, change

While I understand people upset with recesion, they have no clue how economics work. Our government gets bigger and bigger every day. This cannot fix anything. Big government helps nobody ... unless you are "reliant" on government, which has become an alternate lifestyle, and even ACCEPTED in certain communities.

Josh said...

I had an original comment to leave, but I'd like to reply/reiterate something Speedcat said, if it's okay.

"Big government helps nobody ... unless you are "reliant" on government, which has become an alternate lifestyle, and even ACCEPTED in certain communities."

In far-left political circles, this is strategy. While an admiring public ignores country-obliterating atrocities committed by the celebrity party, they (policians like Obama) feed on their misguided souls.

An interesting story (really quick, I promise) about where I work:

The same people, my coworkers, who voted for Obama -- a reason given was that Obama would grant amnesty and stop the "profiling" -- are now demanding that Indians and some Europeans be removed from the workplace because they accept lower rates and make it harder for Americans to get jobs.

I thought that nature weeds out the idiots. Why is it taking so long!?