"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Friday, January 30, 2009

My And My Grandfather This weekend


This is me from this past weekend when I went to visit my grandfather in the nursing home. He will be 92 this year. I'm going to post more photos and some video and and tell you a little about him each day. You're in a for some good giggles!

I ran a caption this contest a couple of weeks ago and then I lost my mind...haha and forgot all about it. I'm going to take some time this week to pick a winner and give out the reward! :) Hang tight folks.

11 comments:

debi9kids said...

What a lovely photo.
I am sure your grandfather has some great stories. I know my 92 year old grandmother knocks our socks off with her stories.

A New Yorker said...

@boufmom9 OH DEAR! He has so many stories. He loved to tell them when he was younger and more with it. He did pretty good even with his problems now. He's grumpy funny. You'll see. ;)

Aleta said...

I just posted a comment, but I don't think I was signed in or maybe it didn't take?

Chat Blanc said...

awww, virtual hugs for grandpa! btw, your hair looks like a nice brown from what I can tell! yay! :)

Babs (Beetle) said...

How fortunate you are. I never knew any grandparents. They were all dead before I was even born except one and he died when I was tiny :O(

A New Yorker said...

@aleta- not sure what happened. Glad you were able to stop by regardless! Hello to Greg.

@chat- YES YES YES, it is a nice brown...NOOOOOWWWW! ;)

@babs- :( I had 3 in my lifetime. I was very blessed. So when is Moe singing with me?

Unknown said...

AWWW, what a great picture. Bless him !!!

A New Yorker said...

@dani c- THANKS!
@ladybanana- You're gonna laugh at this old man. Trust me. He isn't your typical older person. UT OH!
Thanks on the hair. ;)

Da Old Man said...

Awww.

:)

swilek said...

What a precious photo of the two of you...can't wait for the stories!! And I concur, love your new hair colour!!:)

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic Lauren and your grandfather looks like such a sweetie. I think grumpy is funny. Don't you just love older people? They have so much to teach us if only we were all willing to listen. Beautiful pic.