"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We Are A Republic Not A Democracy

What is the difference? Did you know the word democracy does not appear in our constitution?



Hat tip: Conservative Hippie Chick

I was always taught in (public) school that we are a democracy. Brainwashed. I believed it. I never heard about us being a republic even though that is the word in our pledge we said each day before we started our lessens.

I think it is time the rule of law was restored! Immediately!

3 comments:

Timeshare Jake said...

Our leaders have successfully pulled this one past the people. It's sad they don't even understand our form of government. I cringe every time they refer to it as a Democracy.

Mum-me said...

Well I knew America was a republic, but only because there's been a lot of talk over here about ditching the queen and becoming a republic instead of a constitutional monarchy. (I believe was are also a democracy as well - confusing.)

Bradley said...

Odd I thought we were a Constitutional Federalistic Democratic Republic, but I could be wrong on that. :snark:
Brad
dagamore