"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Friday, October 9, 2009

39 My %SS!

And here's a very good example of the insane dating scene in NYC. On Friday afternoon I perused through some profiles and staring at me was this profile. Notice how he lists himself as 39. If this guy is 39 I'm the Pope!

I'm 38. I'm 38 years old loyal readers. I know I look younger than my years. I always have. As a youngster it SUCKED. But now I admit it is great. Mom always told me this would one day work in my favor. :)

BUT this man is NOT 39 years old. Try +10. And this is what I'm up against. This is why I'm always feeling disappointed and almost defeated in finding my beshert.

And while I'm posting about dating I thought I'd share that I just edited my profile bio (as if the men read them HA) to say the following: If you really want to learn more about someone don't ask their friends, ask their enemies.

It will sure make for a conversation opener and show me if they even read a word of the profile at all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My friend, stay away from that dating circus thingy. Look around you and sometimes the perfect guy is never there but a good man is, probably closer than far.

Angry said...

Maybe we're not enemies as such but we rarely see eye to eye and we do tend to rub each other the wrong way... but I'd certainly respond with kind words if someone were ask about you.

No need to post this one Lauren, you can't have it looking like a troll might actually have some redeaming features.

Cheers.

Aleta said...

I still say that online dating is worth it but yeah there are some people who imagine their ages, weight and so many other things. It's easy to type it than live it.

Aleta said...

And ehhh, did ya hear what the prez won? *COUGH*