"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Freedom Fighter -YUP That's ME!

I've am one of those who refuse to deny or evade the fact of the return of anti-Semitism, and I have been talking, shouting, ranting etc...about it since college when NO ONE WOULD LISTEN.

I have lost friends and allies over my truth-telling and support of Israel, America, and of free and independent thought.

I agree with Phyllis Chesler when she says "the virtues that were once associated with liberalism, (we were once all liberals), have migrated to what is now denigrated as “reactionary conservatism” by the very liberals who have themselves become fascist-totalitarians who oppose and mock all thought, every fact, that does not support their politically correct analysis and conclusions."

and I too find it mind boggling as does Phyllis that

"Some westerners also say: “Women are oppressed here as well. It’s racist to single out an entire culture and people for the ways in which women are mistreated everywhere.”

I too have noticed the systemic ways is which I am surrounded by my own genergation which is"part of an alarmingly selfish generation which relates everything back to themselves and lacks compassion for others who are not like them...their knowledge base is restricted to their own experience and to the mainstream media in the West which encourages precisely such beliefs"

If understanding all this...if writing about all this...if shouting about all this makes me a strong personality, so be it. I wear that label as a badge of honor!

5 comments:

Da Old Man said...

It's crazy. Language is being twisted, values are disappearing so as not to offend.
Keep on shouting.

musingwoman said...

their knowledge base is restricted to their own experience and to the mainstream media in the West which encourages precisely such beliefs

Sad, but true.

Mum-me said...

Is there something wrong with being a strong personality? I don't think so.

I think everything these days is just too 'politically correct' and most people are too scared to say what they really think.

A New Yorker said...

@all of you, I've got to be me. I've finally accepted this :)

tiffany1377 said...

I'm with Mum-me on this! Screw political correctness. It's not making people less close minded...it's just making them whisper their true thoughts.