"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Butt Load

Alright I've been hoping to blog about something funny. I'm the make you think blogger...so my friends tell me ;)

So thanks to Chatty...I've got something funny to ask.
As you may or may not know, she's studying hard for her Master's Degree. WOOT!

Lauren: So how's school going?
Chatty : I have a butt load of reading to do for my other two classes that are just now starting. but oh wells, it the price to pay!
Lauren: Curious, just how much does a butt load hold.


OK bloggy friends, anyone have the answer?

7 comments:

Loz said...

Depends on whether or not I ate onions the night before.

DaMav said...

BUTT

A vessel or measure for wine, beer, etc. containing two hogsheads and varying in quantity according to the kind of wine.

Nope, I'm not making this up. http://www.irishwhiskeynotes.com/2007/12/butts-hogsheads-pipes-and-puncheons.html

Of course the EU is now trying to force standardization of all these historic measurements. Which means we will no longer hear wine merchants looking at the design of their product containers and saying, "Does this make my butt look big?"

OK, that last part I made up :-)

@DaMav

cheers!

Babs (Beetle) said...

Depends if you're a couch potato or a trim exercise freak :O)

Aleta said...

LMAO - thanks, I needed the smiles. You reminded me of something my Dad said about one of Mom's friends way back in the day. The lady had a large backside and Dad told Mom, "If someone told your friend to Haul A$$ it would take her two trips!" Yikes!

Da Old Man said...

A butt load is equal to a shit load.

musingwoman said...

All I know is mine holds a lot more now than it did before I had kids.

Mum-me said...

It would be a lot if it was the butt of a car (we call it the boot).

This reminded me of a little boy I knew. When I was pregnant with no.3 I had a huge tummy. I mean HUGE. I was 2 weeks overdue (baby weighed 10lb 7ozat birth). This young boy, about 6 years old, asked me why my tummy was so big, and I explained that there was a baby growing in there. Without missing a beat he said "So what's growing in your butt, then?"