"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Friday, August 14, 2009

But What If I Get Sick?

I was asked today what I would do if I got really sick, like was diagnosed with diabetes or some other chronic condition...I mean isn't it horrible that I don't have my goverment to pay for what I will need to help me.

HOGWASH.

That's such a totally misleading argument.

So only the government can help me? I can't work and pay for what I need? The current system can't be tweeked to bring down the costs of healthcare making it something I can afford.

Why should anything be free? Seriously ask yourself the following question: should what you do for a living be regulated so that you can get that service for free or almost nothing? Why is it more fair for you to get that service for nothing while the person offering that service has to scrape by on the lowly salary. It's not fair or even-handed at all. It's the exact flip flop.

All that does is make more cash for the person seeking the service by taking away the cash from the person offering the service. Still one person has less. How is that fair?

And if you still think that the British system is the cat's meow read this news:

A sample of recent headlines from the three leading British newspapers, the Times, the Daily Mail and the Telegraph, bear out Mr. Hannan's warning:

• NHS targets 'may have lead to 1,200 deaths' in Mid-Staffordshire

• 11 serious errors a day in NHS surgery

• War hero refused treatment by NHS

• Patients forced to live in agony after NHS refuses to pay for painkilling injections

• Patients with suspected cancer forced to wait so NHS targets can be hit

• NHS dentists play as patients wait



Here's More Health Care Nonsense.

10 comments:

Timeshare Jake said...

There are two freshman house democrats that want to avoid the current plan and work on bringing the costs down. I think that's a good solution.

BetteJo said...

I see my doctor on a regular basis, sometimes every 3 or 4 months. I take meds. I don't want to government to pay for any of it thank you very much.

Aleta said...

Damn, is that simple or what - bring down the cost. Who would have thunk it? Instead, nah, let's just revamp the entire thing and yeah, TAKE CONTROL of it.

Let's all play robot now and be equal. GAG!

Greg's company doesn't pay for health insurance. But you know what, he got PAID. And from his income, he PAID for his OWN health coverage and he HAS diabetes and he was IN a car accident and he HAD coverage. It was HIS decision, hello. (Happily though, he's on my coverage now that we're married.)

Unknown said...

got something for you to read, it is about a cucumber and a pickle http://purplefrogcat.blogspot.com

chandrakant said...

By your logic:
Why should the freeway system be universal? Maybe we should allow people to travel on different interstates based on their income?

A New Yorker said...

@chandrakant - your faulty logic even allows you to try to compare pavement on a road and the tolls to taxes we pay and healthcare. And worse you don't even have a clue that it is you that is making that faulty logic and people on your side. You think people who have more should pay more so that people who have less can also have healthcare on my dollar. I've not made any comparison to such graduated UNFAIR taxes for healthcare or roads. PISH TOSH...try again lefty.

chandrakant said...

Well, righty (I am as much a lefty as you are a righty), I am saying that just like the freeway system is built on taxes, so is healthcare. Both are common services that should not be available to people only based on their income. I would just like to know how these two cases are different.

A New Yorker said...

@chandrakant - Listen, I can't seriously even begin this with you. You don't even understand the basics of logic. "Talking" with you is like fighting with a five year old who thinks fire is cold. And I'm not going to repeat myself. If you can't read and comprehende basics I'm not going to waste my time with you. And clearly you've show us all that you cannot.

chandrakant said...

I am fine with your answer since I have gotten used to not getting a clear rebuttal when asked for.
If for a neutral observer reading this blog and stream of comments, the takeaway is that they still dont understand how they are different and only see statements that I dont understand logic or that I am like a 5-yr old, I think thats enough for me.

lot 2 learn said...

@ chandrakant
Why don't we simplify the argument, and get to the real injustice ?
It is ILLEAGAL for government to get into health care.
There is nothing in the constitution that allows government the power to regulate health care.
This administration is marching across the document that has given us freedom to live as we choose, and has been an example to other countries, and now the left wants to toss it in the trash with one hand, and hold out the other hand to take the future of our children.
It is not the responsibility of the government to care for you, feed you, house you, or put clothes on your back, it is up to you.
The constitution only offers life, liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness, not the personal care of the left
Sorry Lauren for the long winded comment, but " C " struck a nerve.
The very idea to compare highways to health care shows ignorance