"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Thursday, May 1, 2008

NYC Subway Map

I LOVE subway maps of NYC. I am sure I have a few versions still in my closet somewhere that made the recent apartment move with me (I hope.)

Hanging in my bathroom is the Official NYC Subway Map. And yes, I do consult it from time to time before heading out. I think it is cool.

Apparently the 1972 map designed by Massimo Vignelli is being reissued and updated. Click here to see a version of it. Although considered beautiful people often got lost trying to use it. So it was updated in 1979 to include the names of neighborhoods and landmarks.

Arteeeeeeeeests!

Best And Worst Cities For Commuters

What's your mode of transportation in your city?

No comments: