"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Email Love Letters

The Governor of S.C. had his private emails of love made public. OY!

OK so maybe the emails were written on an account that wasn't so private but still...when do we as a society say enough.

I heard some lines of the emails read allowed last night and thought HOT FLASH, I had no thought. Just HOT FLASH.

Way too personal, romantic and racey.

We don't need to know this. The man let his pickle make bad choices for him. He's the typical stupid man I wish to never have a relationship with ever. Although so many tell me that if I ever want a relationship with a man again [sigh] then my expectations in this regard is way too high. Hmmm But I digress.

But it makes me think about all the stupid emails I am sure I sent in my desperate moments, love stricken and heart broken and how I hope to high heaven they have been deleted forever on the other person's computer.

While it's common knowledge now, or should be at this point in our culture, how electronic communication works, can live forever, and yet we still see people making these large errors...back in the day it wasn't so common knowledge and we just wrote as if they were letters on paper, with the old mindset. And couple that mindset with heartbreak, desperation to be heard by the one you so desperately love and you have a recipe for embarrassment if that person wishes to humiliate you.

This governor's humilator is the press. Shame on them! But really it could come from anyone these days. It seems to have become acceptable to do to fellow human beings. HORRID!

4 comments:

Timeshare Jake said...

You are told correctly to some regard. Men are wired to look and act upon what we see and want. Let me put it in a way I heard Michael Savage put it when talking about homosexuality. We are all wired with something that makes us weak. We only find strength and knowledge when we learn to overcome those weaknesses. Men who cheat on their wives are no different than homesexuals. They have unpure urges that they must overcome to live moral lives. It's easy to give into these urgest, but that's part of life is learning to become stronger. If we all give up to the urges, society will eventually weaken and crumble. I have to say I agree with most of what Savage said.

A New Yorker said...

As you know, I do not agree with you about your take on homosexuals. It's one of two subjects I will never agree upon with conservatives.

Just as you or I never gave thought to being attracted to the opposite sex, neither do they to the same sex. Therefore, without great debate I believe the analogy to homeosexuals to be flawed.

I happen to know many homesexual couples, both male and female. I see more "issues" with the males and monogamy vs the female relationships.

I think it's a hard-wired thing in MALES which has no differences whether someone is gay or straight.

And for me, as long as someone is respectful, loving and monogamous I'm ok with whomever they decide to screw.

Mum-me said...

I often find myself thinking that the media has no soul or conscience. But then I often find myself thinking the same thing about politicians!

Had to laugh at the 'pickle' reference. Never heard that term before. I wonder how many nicknames or euphemisms there are for it.

Ronda's Rants said...

I have to wonder what on earth some people think...He for writing this...whoever leaked it...and the press for printing it. It made me sick with Bill Clinton...John Edwards and now with this guy...
but it doesn't just happen in Politics...it happens on every street in America. Americans just seem to be shocked...in fact he was recently one of those shocked people when it was happening to another family...not so gracious to others.

Some people cheat...period
I pray for his children...as they learn their father is a flawed human being like the rest of us.