"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Beautiful Creation

I commissioned this necklace to be made specifically for me. I have been reading Aleta's blog for a few weeks now and really love her spirit/soul. And then I learned she makes jewelry.

Sadly my camera is having a bit of a fit with me and not completely capturing the color correctly. The crystals are lavender. So pretty.

I began looking around her jewelry site and saw she made some christian necklaces and asked on a whim if she could do something that was Jewish for me. I mentioned using a hamsa.



Immeditely she replied to me that she could do it and we began exchanging emails with details. I barely had to say a thing. It was as if she knew exactly what I wanted.

This necklace is made with fresh water pearls, swarwarski crystals and sterling silver.

I especially love the clasp. I don't know if it was done on purpose or not but I am calling this clasp the single girls clasp. It's perfect. I don't have to futz with the dooohicky to get it undone at the end of the day. And since I don't live with a roommate or partner that can help me this kind of clasp is the perfect thing and will allow me to wear and enjoy my new necklace more often.


I highly recommend that you visit her site and get a good idea of the work she can do, BY HAND and then contact her to commission your own necklace, earings, or bracelet for yourself or a loved one for the upcoming holidays.

Aleta has an amazing artistic eye and is caring and FAST.




6 comments:

Jessica said...

I love Aleta too! Very pretty necklace. :)

Swirl Girl said...

from one M.O.B. to another - chchchcappy T'anksgiving!

Unknown said...

Ah A gorgeous piece..I love it..I'm gonna have to visit her site and put an oreder in..There's nothing better then unique pieces..

Babs (Beetle) said...

That is a very pretty, and very personal necklace.

Anonymous said...

Love the necklace, Aleta is sooo clever isn't she?

I just dropped by to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving lauren.

Aleta said...

Awwww, thank you so much! I'm thrilled that you like the necklace and I was happy to make it for you. Oh and the clasps ~ I thought about it and wondered what you'd like, then I thought how I like to quickly work the toggle and clasps ~ I'll have to borrow your quote of a "single gals clasp" - that's great!