"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's My One Year Blogoversary


WOW it's been exactly one year since I made my first post. My blog has morphed about a gazillion times throughout the year. I started this blog as a way to get my confused and hurt feelings out about a bizarre dating situation I had found myself in, or rather had just ran the hell out of. And throughout the year I have added so many other topics and fun things.



I have met so many wonderful people through this blog and I am so very very grateful.


So in honor of ME -- haha-- I am sharing some recent photos from my brother's wedding.

OH dear looking at these makes me realize what a fat cow I have become and how much I need to lose more weight.

Truth be told, I have a nice rump and big boobs and so a dress like this -- with photos taken from the side is always going to make me look wider than I am. BUT I also saw photos of me from behind which I will not share and I was ...how shall I put this....achem, MORTIFIED.

Anywho...here are some I did like enough to share with all of you today.
Do I look more like my mother or father?

18 comments:

Swirl Girl said...

Mazel Tov on the mitzvah!
I love your dress.
and Happy Blogaversary!

Kathy said...

Happy Blogoversary! I LOVE that dress! I could never wear it, though, as I hate my arms in sleeveless dresses. But it's very flattering. And you are NOT a fat cow. That's ME, my dear.

Timeshare Jake said...

Congratulations on your first year.

A New Yorker said...

@swirlgirl, I loved the dress too until I saw the photos. They are cropped for good reason. Thanks on the Mazol!:)

@Kathy,I didn't want a dress that showed my arms either. Unfortunately the choices I had did not give me a dress with any arm coverage and I bit the bullet and shut my mouth. If you look closely in the last photo, you'll see puckers. That's skin from when I was (sick) and HUGE. I used to have tiny arms and now they look like bread loaves. :-( Mom has instructions to get the photog to thin them out and crop photos for professional printing!

OH YOU ARE SO NOT FAT. NOT EVEN CLOSE. YES THIS IS MEAN YELLING AT YOU!!!

@Clay, Thanks! Nice to have you here!

Jessica said...

Congrats to you! That dress is amazingly gorgeous, and so are you! :) Beautiful!

swilek said...

Lauren, Happy Bloganniversary!! LOVE the pics of you...you don't look like you think you do!!!:)You look GREAT and like your mom! I think your brother looks like your dad!!

A New Yorker said...

@Jess, AWWW! SHUCKS! Thanks!!!

@Karyne, Thank u! It's good to be the queen (of the blog) and not post the offending photos. HEEHEE.

Chat Blanc said...

PAR-TAY!! Happy 1 Year Blogoversary! I'm glad you had some pics you liked enough to share. :)

Babs (Beetle) said...

Happy 1st blogoversary!

Fat? FAT? (shouting in disbelief) By what standards are you judging fat?

You look lovely! And like your mother :O)

A New Yorker said...

@Chatblanc - I'm thinking of getting some wine and drinking the entire bottle myself.

@babs- if I showed you the 10 photos of the idiot photog who kept shooting the same angle of my back while dancing, never thinking he might want to move and take us from the side or from my front, MORON, you'd clearly see how wide I am. I'm telling you mortifying!

BTW -- thank you though. I'll always take a good compliment :)

That's two for mom :)

Brandi said...

I'd say definitely more like mom! And you are not a fat cow! You are beautiful. Congrats on your one year bloggy b-day. I didn't even celebrate mine. forgot all about it. LOL The first pic is the best! Love how you guys looks so natural. What a beautiful couple.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary Lauren. You've probably written more posts in one year than I've written in two.

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos (and they are lovely) and IMHO you look like your Dad.

A New Yorker said...

@Brandi -thanks. Yes I chose photos and cropped all the cow stuff out. HEEHEE. BTW that's me and my brother.

@RA- Yes I write a zillion things as I feel them coming. Too much stuck up in my head. :D I look like Dad? HAHA! OK.

Da Old Man said...

Happy Blogiversary.

*snickers* at Morti-fied.

Babs (Beetle) said...

I think I might just give you a blogoversary gift of a little graphic if you like :O)

A New Yorker said...

@babs- OY YEAH! YES PLEASE!!!

Babs (Beetle) said...

I need a good, front face photo, as large as possible. What would you like to be turned into? An elf? Mother Christmas? or something else?

Aleta said...

Lauren! You look absolutely beautiful and looks like you had a fun time too! (But I totally get what you mean about seeing pictures and reality finding the weight. Ugh)