"The problem here is a totalitarian uniformity, a cult-like mentality such that even allies are enemies if they fail to follow the Exact Party Line. " - Phyllis Chesler

Saturday, September 3, 2011

There IS NO Civility

We have a huge problem. It's the same problem that allowed for Obama to be voted as President.

It's the mindset that if we don't like something we can just attack. Those that subscribe to this mindset are the very people that resonate with Obama. And it trickles down to the lowest of levels...in your very little neighborhoods for "small" things.

Are any of you as exhausted as I am at the lack of honor from the people who live around you in a simple act of driving? Just today driving down a local road, with absolutely no one behind me I had to honk my horn to protect myself from a car with a family in it, the man driving and the woman next to him, because he wanted to pull out in front of me which surely would have smashed into me had I not stunned him with my horn. And as I passed by his woman decided to pitch a fit and scream and throw her body around to show me her anger. How dare I blow my horn!

We have raised at least two generations of people who have complete lack of respect for others, no idea of self control or how to deal with any situation that doesn't fit their immediate wants and needs. And good people sit there and get smacked! Yes literally and figuratively.

The decent people, the few that exist do not behave this way but are subjected to the behavior and usually find themselves stunned in the moment.

We have seen this with beat downs at protests. Our own politicians are inciting this sick behavior. Teaching each other to hate our own neighbors and fight one another. And yes it does boil down to the smallest of things, like driving and parking spaces. I've seen it first hand.

And it spreads to larger worldwide issues as well. Letting the world beat on Israel and chastise them for defending themselves against a ship load of armed militant terrorists. The fact that Americans, many of them younger than myself were on that boat thinking believing with every fiber of their being that violence was ok because they didn't believe in the policies of a free nation, one that they are not even citizens of is so insanely outrageous. And they live here and they take it to their every day lives, on the street.

This belief system doesn't live in a vacuum. Never forget that.

No comments: